Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Less Than One Week!

Our classroom has undergone a major transformation this summer in order to become Grade 2 DYNAMITE...where learning EXPLODES! When you arrive next week you will see lots of explosions, especially on the walls! I am looking forward to seeing all of the familiar faces again, and meeting the new members of our class, Ben and John.
I hope you enjoyed a wonderful summer. Wasn't all the sunshine fabulous? I spent lots of time at the beach and the park with my kids, Elija, Rowan, and Jonas. My family went camping at Miracle Beach, near Comox, B.C. for five days. It was a beautiful spot! There were lots of tide pools to explore in the morning, and I saw colonies of living sand dollars beneath the water. I have never seen a live sand dollar before. They look much different - they are black and have hundreds of tiny "hairs" called villi on their underside. It was hard to walk in the water without stepping on them, so we had to be very careful.
I am very excited to be your teacher this year, and I can't wait for our learning adventure in Grade Two to begin. I am wondering what you did this summer, and look forward to hearing all about it next Wednesday!
We're in for a DYNAMITE year in Grade 2D! Are you ready for your learning to explode???

No comments:

Post a Comment